Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011, are you for real?!

So I noticed my right eye was a little red on Friday, and I thought it might be an allergic reaction to something, so I canceled my NYE plans that I had been looking forward to for weeks, and stayed in. Yesterday the redness was still there after a good dose of Claritin, so I went to the "Minute Clinic" at CVS today. I spent 4 hours at the "minute clinic" and found out that not only do I have PINK EYE (thanks kids at work), but I also have the blood pressure of a fifty year old! THEN to add insult to my already leper-ridden injury, the nurse practitioner tells me that I have...wait for it...a LAZY EYE!!!! A lazy eye! I'm pretty sure I've been going to see the eye doctor since birth and never, NEVER has an actual EYE DOCTOR told me about this lazy eye! Maybe it was just tired from waiting 3 1/2 hours to see you, nurse practitioner, perhaps that's the reason you think my eye is acting a little lazy. I'm going to have to seek a second opinion.
So moral of the story I guess is find yourself a good doctor, and don't go to the "Minute Clinic" unless you have HOURS to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment