Sunday, November 15, 2009

saddle tramps at Heaven Gallery

Last night Brian (middle) and I went to see the Saddle Tramps show at Heaven Gallery. My models are branching out! Benjamin (left) was in the show, it was fun to watch him walk in a show, since I'm usually backstage when he's peddling my wares!
EXCITING NEWS!!!! I'm in talks to have a show at Heaven Gallery next month! I'll keep you all posted on exact time and date!
It was a really fun night. The Saddle Tramps collection was interesting. It was a men's and women's line that was heavily inspired by the current trend of cut-outs and asymmetry in design. They used some really nice chunky felted wool as fringe. It almost had a dread locks look too it. Also really nice were the bib front shirts with snap detail. While the collection was small (seven looks total) it had an accompanying video that showcased the collection in outdoor settings, set to atmospheric music. It felt a bit expected and literal; the clothes stood up on their own without it. But a nice idea anyway. If I used projections/video to accompany a collection it would be a little more abstract.
Kudos to Danny and Erin for putting on a great show!

No comments:

Post a Comment